Education Administrators, Elementary and Secondary School
Applicants who wish to become certified as education administrators must meet the following requirements:
An earned Master’s degree in Education Administration
A minimum of 2 semester hours of graduate level course work in each of the following areas: Supervision and evaluation of instructional programs; Social psychology of organizations; Curriculum development; School administration; Learning theory; Child growth and development; and School law (if special education is to be supervised, school law must include special education law).
A minimum of three years of successful, full-time experience as a teacher or school professional certified in the area of specialization
Recent successful experience as a teacher, administrator, supervisor, or school professional in the area and level of the endorsement sought
Must be endorsed in the specialization or teaching area within that level
• Exam Fee:
• Out of state (based on the address written on the application form): $75
• License Renewal: $25
• Add or evaluate for an additional endorsement: $25
• Other actions on licenses (adding a degree/ duplicate licenses): $25
• Name change (only request): $25 (for duplicating the license)
• A cap of $50 will be assessed for a request for multiple actions on license.
For More Information, Contact:
Virginia Department Of Education
P.O. Box 2120
Richmond, VA 23218
The data sources for the information displayed here include: Virginia Career VIEW Research.