Purchasing Agents, Except Wholesale, Retail, and Farm Products
- Prepare purchase orders, solicit bid proposals, and review requisitions for goods and services.
- Interview vendors and visit suppliers' plants and distribution centers to examine and learn about products, services, and prices.
- Monitor and follow applicable laws and regulations.
- Attend meetings, trade shows, conferences, conventions, and seminars to network with people in other purchasing departments.
- Research and evaluate suppliers based on price, quality, selection, service, support, availability, reliability, production and distribution capabilities, and the supplier's reputation and history.
- Confer with staff, users, and vendors to discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services and determine corrective action.
- Evaluate and monitor contract performance to ensure compliance with contractual obligations and to determine need for changes.
- Maintain and review computerized or manual records of items purchased, costs, deliveries, product performance, and inventories.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™ 16.0; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
National: + 5.3%
Four: Considerable Preparation Needed
Highest ($50,000 and up)