- Direct the preparation of regular and special budget reports.
- Analyze monthly department budgeting and accounting reports to maintain expenditure controls.
- Provide advice and technical assistance with cost analysis, fiscal allocation, and budget preparation.
- Examine budget estimates for completeness, accuracy, and conformance with procedures and regulations.
- Summarize budgets and submit recommendations for the approval or disapproval of funds requests.
- Review operating budgets to analyze trends affecting budget needs.
- Consult with managers to ensure that budget adjustments are made in accordance with program changes.
- Compile and analyze accounting records and other data to determine the financial resources required to implement a program.
- Perform cost-benefit analyses to compare operating programs, review financial requests, or explore alternative financing methods.
- Interpret budget directives and establish policies for carrying out directives.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™ 16.0; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Four: Considerable Preparation Needed
Highest ($50,000 and up)