Core Tasks Include:
- Confer with clients, engineering personnel, and architects on overall program.
- Prepare site plans, specifications, and cost estimates for land development, coordinating arrangement of existing and proposed land features and structures.
- Seek new work opportunities through marketing, writing proposals or giving presentations.
- Inspect landscape work to ensure compliance with specifications, approve quality of materials and work, and advise client and construction personnel.
- Prepare graphic representations or drawings of proposed plans or designs.
- Compile and analyze data on conditions such as location, drainage, and location of structures for environmental reports and landscaping plans.
- Collaborate with architects or related professionals on whole building design to maximize the aesthetic features of structures or surrounding land and to improve energy efficiency.
- Create landscapes that minimize water consumption such as by incorporating drought-resistant grasses or indigenous plants.
- Design and integrate rainwater harvesting or gray and reclaimed water systems to conserve water into building or land designs.
- Identify and select appropriate sustainable materials for use in landscape designs, such as using recycled wood or recycled concrete boards for structural elements or recycled tires for playground bedding.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™ 16.0.