- Prepare reports, sketches, working drawings, specifications, proposals, and budgets for proposed sites or systems.
- Provide advice on water quality and issues related to pollution management, river control, and ground and surface water resources.
- Design and supervise environmental and land reclamation projects in agriculture and related industries.
- Design agricultural machinery components and equipment using computer-aided design (CAD) technology.
- Discuss plans with clients, contractors, consultants, and other engineers so that they can be evaluated and necessary changes made.
- Design food processing plants and related mechanical systems.
- Plan and direct construction of rural electric-power distribution systems, and irrigation, drainage, and flood control systems for soil and water conservation.
- Supervise food processing or manufacturing plant operations.
- Design structures for crop storage, animal shelter and loading, and animal and crop processing, and supervise their construction.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™ 16.0; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
National: + 9.1%
Four: Considerable Preparation Needed
Highest ($50,000 and up)