Core Tasks Include:
- Develop safety procedures to be employed by workers operating equipment or working in close proximity to on-going chemical reactions.
- Troubleshoot problems with chemical manufacturing processes.
- Evaluate chemical equipment and processes to identify ways to optimize performance or to ensure compliance with safety and environmental regulations.
- Conduct research to develop new and improved chemical manufacturing processes.
- Determine most effective arrangement of operations such as mixing, crushing, heat transfer, distillation, and drying.
- Perform tests and monitor performance of processes throughout stages of production to determine degree of control over variables such as temperature, density, specific gravity, and pressure.
- Design and plan layout of equipment.
- Prepare estimate of production costs and production progress reports for management.
- Design measurement and control systems for chemical plants based on data collected in laboratory experiments and in pilot plant operations.
- Develop processes to separate components of liquids or gases or generate electrical currents using controlled chemical processes.
- Perform laboratory studies of steps in manufacture of new product and test proposed process in small scale operation such as a pilot plant.
- Direct activities of workers who operate or who are engaged in constructing and improving absorption, evaporation, or electromagnetic equipment.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™ 16.0.