- Prepare, or direct the preparation of, product or system layouts and detailed drawings and schematics.
- Inspect marine equipment and machinery to draw up work requests and job specifications.
- Conduct analytical, environmental, operational, or performance studies to develop designs for products, such as marine engines, equipment, and structures.
- Design and oversee testing, installation, and repair of marine apparatus and equipment.
- Prepare plans, estimates, design and construction schedules, and contract specifications, including any special provisions.
- Investigate and observe tests on machinery and equipment for compliance with standards.
- Coordinate activities with regulatory bodies to ensure repairs and alterations are at minimum cost, consistent with safety.
- Conduct environmental, operational, or performance tests on marine machinery and equipment.
- Prepare technical reports for use by engineering, management, or sales personnel.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™ 16.0; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Virginia: + 7.8%
Four: Considerable Preparation Needed
Highest ($50,000 and up)