- Design complete hull and superstructure according to specifications and test data, in conformity with standards of safety, efficiency, and economy.
- Design layout of craft interior, including cargo space, passenger compartments, ladder wells, and elevators.
- Study design proposals and specifications to establish basic characteristics of craft, such as size, weight, speed, propulsion, displacement, and draft.
- Confer with marine engineering personnel to establish arrangement of boiler room equipment and propulsion machinery, heating and ventilating systems, refrigeration equipment, piping, and other functional equipment.
- Evaluate performance of craft during dock and sea trials to determine design changes and conformance with national and international standards.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™ 16.0; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Virginia: + 7.8%
Four: Considerable Preparation Needed
Highest ($50,000 and up)