Core Tasks Include:
- Identify energy savings opportunities and make recommendations to achieve more energy efficient operation.
- Manage the development, design, or construction of energy conservation projects to ensure acceptability of budgets and time lines, conformance to federal and state laws, or adherence to approved specifications.
- Conduct energy audits to evaluate energy use, costs, or conservation measures.
- Monitor and analyze energy consumption.
- Perform energy modeling, measurement, verification, commissioning, or retro-commissioning.
- Oversee design or construction aspects related to energy such as energy engineering, energy management, and sustainable design.
- Conduct jobsite observations, field inspections, or sub-metering to collect data for energy conservation analyses.
- Review architectural, mechanical, or electrical plans and specifications to evaluate energy efficiency or determine economic, service, or engineering feasibility.
- Inspect or monitor energy systems, including heating, ventilating, and air conditioning (HVAC) or daylighting systems to determine energy use or potential energy savings.
- Evaluate construction design information such as detail and assembly drawings, design calculations, system layouts and sketches, or specifications.
- Direct the work of contractors or staff in the implementation of energy management projects.
- Prepare project reports and other program or technical documentation.
- Analyze, interpret, or create graphical representations of energy data, using engineering software.
- Make recommendations regarding energy fuel selection.
- Review or negotiate energy purchase agreements.
- Provide consultation to clients or other engineers on topics such as climate control systems, energy modeling, data logging, energy management control systems, lighting or daylighting design, sustainable design, and energy auditing.
- Train personnel or clients on topics such as energy management.
- Promote awareness or use of alternative or renewable energy sources.
- Consult with construction or renovation clients or other engineers on topics such as Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) or Green Buildings.
Supplemental Tasks Include:
- Conduct research or collect data on renewable or alternative energy systems or technologies such as solar thermal and photovoltaic energy.
- Write or install energy management routines for building automation systems.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™ 16.0.