- Apply mechatronic or automated solutions to the transfer of materials, components, or finished goods.
- Design advanced precision equipment for accurate or controlled applications.
- Design mechatronics components for computer-controlled products, such as cameras, video recorders, automobiles, or airplanes.
- Develop electronic, mechanical, or computerized processes to perform tasks in dangerous situations, such as underwater exploration or extraterrestrial mining.
- Upgrade the design of existing devices by adding mechatronic elements.
- Conduct studies to determine the feasibility, costs, or performance benefits of new mechatronic equipment.
- Create embedded software design programs.
- Create mechanical models and tolerance analyses to simulate mechatronic design concepts.
- Design advanced electronic control systems for mechanical systems.
- Design engineering systems for the automation of industrial tasks.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™ 16.0; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
National: + 6.6%
Highest ($50,000 and up)