- Design, integrate, or test photonics systems or components.
- Develop optical or imaging systems, such as optical imaging products, optical components, image processes, signal process technologies, or optical systems.
- Analyze system performance or operational requirements.
- Write reports or research proposals.
- Assist in the transition of photonic prototypes to production.
- Develop or test photonic prototypes or models.
- Conduct testing to determine functionality or optimization or to establish limits of photonics systems or components.
- Design electro-optical sensing or imaging systems.
- Read current literature, talk with colleagues, continue education, or participate in professional organizations or conferences to keep abreast of developments in the field.
- Conduct research on new photonics technologies.
- Determine applications of photonics appropriate to meet product objectives or features.
- Document design processes including objectives, issues, and outcomes.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™ 16.0; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
National: + 6.6%
Four: Considerable Preparation Needed
Highest ($50,000 and up)