Electromechanical Engineering Technologists
- Analyze engineering designs of logic or digital circuitry, motor controls, instrumentation, or data acquisition for implementation into new or existing automated, servomechanical, or other electromechanical systems.
- Collaborate with engineers to implement electromechanical designs in industrial or other settings.
- Translate electromechanical drawings into design specifications, applying principles of engineering, thermal or fluid sciences, mathematics, or statistics.
- Consult with machinists or technicians to ensure that electromechanical equipment or systems meet design specifications.
- Install or program computer hardware or machine or instrumentation software in microprocessor-based systems.
- Produce electrical, electronic, or mechanical drawings or other related documents or graphics necessary for electromechanical design, using computer-aided design (CAD) software.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™ 16.0; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
National: + 4.7%
Highest ($50,000 and up)