Molecular and Cellular Biologists
- Maintain accurate laboratory records and data.
- Design molecular or cellular laboratory experiments, oversee their execution, and interpret results.
- Conduct research on cell organization and function including mechanisms of gene expression, cellular bioinformatics, cell signaling, or cell differentiation.
- Instruct undergraduate and graduate students within the areas of cellular or molecular biology.
- Compile and analyze molecular or cellular experimental data and adjust experimental designs as necessary.
- Prepare reports, manuscripts, and meeting presentations.
- Supervise technical personnel and postdoctoral research fellows.
- Direct, coordinate, organize, or prioritize biological laboratory activities.
- Perform laboratory procedures following protocols including deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) sequencing, cloning and extraction, ribonucleic acid (RNA) purification, or gel electrophoresis.
- Develop assays that monitor cell characteristics.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™ 16.0; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
National: + 6.3%
Five: Extensive Preparation Needed
Highest ($50,000 and up)