Core Tasks Include:
- Monitor and record clients' progress to ensure that goals and objectives are met.
- Confer with clients to discuss their options and goals so that rehabilitation programs and plans for accessing needed services can be developed.
- Prepare and maintain records and case files, including documentation such as clients' personal and eligibility information, services provided, narratives of client contacts, and relevant correspondence.
- Arrange for physical, mental, academic, vocational, and other evaluations to obtain information for assessing clients' needs and developing rehabilitation plans.
- Analyze information from interviews, educational and medical records, consultation with other professionals, and diagnostic evaluations to assess clients' abilities, needs, and eligibility for services.
- Develop rehabilitation plans that fit clients' aptitudes, education levels, physical abilities, and career goals.
- Maintain close contact with clients during job training and placements to resolve problems and evaluate placement adequacy.
- Develop and maintain relationships with community referral sources, such as schools and community groups.
- Locate barriers to client employment, such as inaccessible work sites, inflexible schedules, and transportation problems, and work with clients to develop strategies for overcoming these barriers.
- Arrange for on-site job coaching or assistive devices, such as specially equipped wheelchairs, to help clients adapt to work or school environments.
- Confer with physicians, psychologists, occupational therapists, and other professionals to develop and implement client rehabilitation programs.
- Develop diagnostic procedures to determine clients' needs.
- Participate in job development and placement programs, contacting prospective employers, placing clients in jobs, and evaluating the success of placements.
- Collaborate with clients' families to implement rehabilitation plans such as behavioral, residential, social, and employment goals.
- Collaborate with community agencies to establish facilities and programs for persons with disabilities.
Supplemental Tasks Include:
- Direct case service allocations, authorizing expenditures and payments.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™ 16.0.