Elementary School Teachers, Except Special Education
- Instruct students individually and in groups, using various teaching methods such as lectures, discussions, and demonstrations.
- Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students' varying needs and interests.
- Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects and communicate those objectives to students.
- Establish and enforce rules for behavior and procedures for maintaining order among the students for whom they are responsible.
- Meet with parents and guardians to discuss their children's progress and to determine priorities for their children and their resource needs.
- Prepare students for later grades by encouraging them to explore learning opportunities and to persevere with challenging tasks.
- Prepare materials and classrooms for class activities.
- Observe and evaluate students' performance, behavior, social development, and physical health.
- Read books to entire classes or small groups.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™ 16.0; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Four: Considerable Preparation Needed
Highest ($50,000 and up)