Elementary School Teachers, Except Special Education
- Establish and enforce rules for behavior and procedures for maintaining order among the students for whom they are responsible.
- Observe and evaluate students' performance, behavior, social development, and physical health.
- Prepare materials and classrooms for class activities.
- Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students' varying needs and interests.
- Plan and conduct activities for a balanced program of instruction, demonstration, and work time that provides students with opportunities to observe, question, and investigate.
- Instruct students individually and in groups, using various teaching methods, such as lectures, discussions, and demonstrations.
- Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects and communicate those objectives to students.
- Assign and grade class work and homework.
- Read books to entire classes or small groups.
- Prepare, administer, and grade tests and assignments to evaluate students' progress.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
National: + 5.8%
Four: Considerable Preparation Needed
Highest ($50,000 and up)