Secondary School Teachers, Except Special and Career/Technical Education
- Establish and enforce rules for behavior and procedures for maintaining order among students.
- Instruct through lectures, discussions, and demonstrations in one or more subjects, such as English, mathematics, or social studies.
- Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects and communicate those objectives to students.
- Prepare, administer, and grade tests and assignments to evaluate students' progress.
- Prepare materials and classrooms for class activities.
- Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students' varying needs and interests.
- Maintain accurate and complete student records as required by laws, district policies, and administrative regulations.
- Assign and grade class work and homework.
- Observe and evaluate students' performance, behavior, social development, and physical health.
- Enforce all administration policies and rules governing students.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
National: + 5.8%
Four: Considerable Preparation Needed
Highest ($50,000 and up)