Career/Technical Education Teachers, Secondary School
- Prepare materials and classroom for class activities.
- Maintain accurate and complete student records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulations.
- Instruct students individually and in groups, using various teaching methods, such as lectures, discussions, and demonstrations.
- Establish and enforce rules for behavior and procedures for maintaining order among students.
- Observe and evaluate students' performance, behavior, social development, and physical health.
- Instruct and monitor students in the use and care of equipment and materials to prevent injury and damage.
- Plan and conduct activities for a balanced program of instruction, demonstration, and work time that provides students with opportunities to observe, question, and investigate.
- Prepare, administer, and grade tests and assignments to evaluate students' progress.
- Enforce all administration policies and rules governing students.
- Assign and grade class work and homework.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Virginia: + 5.7%
National: + 0.4%
Four: Considerable Preparation Needed
Highest ($50,000 and up)