Instructional Designers and Technologists
- Develop instructional materials and products for technology-based redesign of courses.
- Teach instructors to use instructional technology or to integrate technology with teaching.
- Adapt instructional content or delivery methods for different levels or types of learners.
- Conduct needs assessments and strategic learning assessments to develop the basis for curriculum development or to update curricula.
- Design instructional aids for stand-alone or instructor-led classroom or online use.
- Design learning products, including web-based aids or electronic performance support systems.
- Develop instruction or training roadmaps for online and blended learning programs.
- Develop master course documentation or manuals according to applicable accreditation, certification, or other requirements.
- Interview subject matter experts or conduct other research to develop instructional content.
- Present and make recommendations regarding course design, technology, and instruction delivery options.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™ 16.0; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Highest ($50,000 and up)