Core Tasks Include:
- Formulate basic layout design or presentation approach and specify material details, such as style and size of type, photographs, graphics, animation, video, and sound.
- Review and approve art materials, copy materials, and proofs of printed copy developed by staff members.
- Manage own accounts and projects, working within budget and scheduling requirements.
- Confer with creative, art, copywriting, or production department heads to discuss client requirements and presentation concepts and to coordinate creative activities.
- Present final layouts to clients for approval.
- Confer with clients to determine objectives, budget, background information, and presentation approaches, styles, and techniques.
- Hire, train, and direct staff members who develop design concepts into art layouts or who prepare layouts for printing.
- Work with creative directors to develop design solutions.
- Review illustrative material to determine if it conforms to standards and specifications.
- Attend photo shoots and printing sessions to ensure that the products needed are obtained.
- Create custom illustrations or other graphic elements.
- Mark up, paste, and complete layouts and write typography instructions to prepare materials for typesetting or printing.
Supplemental Tasks Include:
- Negotiate with printers and estimators to determine what services will be performed.
- Conceptualize and help design interfaces for multimedia games, products, and devices.
- Prepare detailed storyboards showing sequence and timing of story development for television production.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™ 16.0.