Fine Artists, Including Painters, Sculptors, and Illustrators
- Use materials such as pens and ink, watercolors, charcoal, oil, or computer software to create artwork.
- Integrate and develop visual elements, such as line, space, mass, color, and perspective, in order to produce desired effects such as the illustration of ideas, emotions, or moods.
- Confer with clients, editors, writers, art directors, and other interested parties regarding the nature and content of artwork to be produced.
- Submit preliminary or finished artwork or project plans to clients for approval, incorporating changes as necessary.
- Maintain portfolios of artistic work to demonstrate styles, interests, and abilities.
- Create finished art work as decoration, or to elucidate or substitute for spoken or written messages.
- Cut, bend, laminate, arrange, and fasten individual or mixed raw and manufactured materials and products to form works of art.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™ 16.0; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
National: + 7.8%
Three: Medium Preparation Needed
Highest ($50,000 and up)