- Confer with client to determine factors affecting planning interior environments, such as budget, architectural preferences, and purpose and function.
- Advise client on interior design factors such as space planning, layout and utilization of furnishings or equipment, and color coordination.
- Coordinate with other professionals, such as contractors, architects, engineers, and plumbers, to ensure job success.
- Review and detail shop drawings for construction plans.
- Estimate material requirements and costs, and present design to client for approval.
- Subcontract fabrication, installation, and arrangement of carpeting, fixtures, accessories, draperies, paint and wall coverings, art work, furniture, and related items.
- Formulate environmental plan to be practical, esthetic, and conducive to intended purposes, such as raising productivity or selling merchandise.
- Select or design, and purchase furnishings, art works, and accessories.
- Render design ideas in form of paste-ups or drawings.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™ 16.0; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Virginia: + 8.6%
Four: Considerable Preparation Needed
Highest ($50,000 and up)