- Plan and schedule programming and event coverage, based on broadcast length, time availability, and other factors, such as community needs, ratings data, and viewer demographics.
- Coordinate activities between departments, such as news and programming.
- Direct and coordinate activities of personnel engaged in broadcast news, sports, or programming.
- Monitor and review programming to ensure that schedules are met, guidelines are adhered to, and performances are of adequate quality.
- Check completed program logs for accuracy and conformance with Federal Communications Commission (FCC) rules and regulations and resolve program log inaccuracies.
- Establish work schedules and assign work to staff members.
- Monitor network transmissions for advisories concerning daily program schedules, program content, special feeds, or program changes.
- Prepare copy and edit tape so that material is ready for broadcasting.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Virginia: + 5.3%
National: + 9.1%
Four: Considerable Preparation Needed
Highest ($50,000 and up)