- Direct rehearsals to instruct dancers in how to use dance steps, and in techniques to achieve desired effects.
- Read and study story lines and musical scores to determine how to translate ideas and moods into dance movements.
- Design dances for individual dancers, dance companies, musical theatre, opera, fashion shows, film, television productions and special events, and for dancers ranging from beginners to professionals.
- Choose the music, sound effects, or spoken narrative to accompany a dance.
- Advise dancers on how to stand and move properly, teaching correct dance techniques to help prevent injuries.
- Coordinate production music with music directors.
- Audition performers for one or more dance parts.
- Direct and stage dance presentations for various forms of entertainment.
- Develop ideas for creating dances, keeping notes and sketches to record influences.
- Train, exercise, and attend dance classes to maintain high levels of technical proficiency, physical ability, and physical fitness.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™ 16.0; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
High School Diploma
Four: Considerable Preparation Needed
Moderately High ($36,000 - $49,999)