Core Tasks Include:
- Organize material and complete writing assignment according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
- Maintain records and files of work and revisions.
- Edit, standardize, or make changes to material prepared by other writers or establishment personnel.
- Confer with customer representatives, vendors, plant executives, or publisher to establish technical specifications and to determine subject material to be developed for publication.
- Review published materials and recommend revisions or changes in scope, format, content, and methods of reproduction and binding.
- Select photographs, drawings, sketches, diagrams, and charts to illustrate material.
- Study drawings, specifications, mockups, and product samples to integrate and delineate technology, operating procedure, and production sequence and detail.
- Interview production and engineering personnel and read journals and other material to become familiar with product technologies and production methods.
- Observe production, developmental, and experimental activities to determine operating procedure and detail.
- Arrange for typing, duplication, and distribution of material.
- Assist in laying out material for publication.
- Analyze developments in specific field to determine need for revisions in previously published materials and development of new material.
- Review manufacturer's and trade catalogs, drawings and other data relative to operation, maintenance, and service of equipment.
Supplemental Tasks Include:
- Draw sketches to illustrate specified materials or assembly sequence.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™ 16.0.