- Receive written prescription or refill requests and verify that information is complete and accurate.
- Establish or maintain patient profiles, including lists of medications taken by individual patients.
- Maintain proper storage and security conditions for drugs.
- Answer telephones, responding to questions or requests.
- Prepack bulk medicines, fill bottles with prescribed medications, and type and affix labels.
- Mix pharmaceutical preparations, according to written prescriptions.
- Clean and help maintain equipment or work areas and sterilize glassware, according to prescribed methods.
- Price and file prescriptions that have been filled.
- Assist customers by answering simple questions, locating items, or referring them to the pharmacist for medication information.
- Receive and store incoming supplies, verify quantities against invoices, check for outdated medications in current inventory, and inform supervisors of stock needs and shortages.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™ 16.0; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Three: Medium Preparation Needed
Mid Range ($28,000 - $35,999)