Core Tasks Include:
- Clean, disinfect, or calibrate scopes or other endoscopic instruments according to manufacturer recommendations and facility standards.
- Perform safety checks to verify proper equipment functioning.
- Maintain or repair endoscopic equipment.
- Collect specimens from patients using standard medical procedures.
- Assist physicians or registered nurses in the conduct of endoscopic procedures.
- Prepare suites or rooms according to endoscopic procedure requirements.
- Place devices, such as blood pressure cuffs, pulse oximeter sensors, nasal cannulas, surgical cautery pads, and cardiac monitoring electrodes, on patients to monitor vital signs.
- Conduct in-service training sessions to disseminate information regarding equipment or instruments.
- Attend in-service training to validate or refresh basic professional skills.
- Position or transport patients in accordance with instructions from medical personnel.
- Maintain inventories of endoscopic equipment and supplies.
- Read current literature, talk with colleagues, or participate in professional organizations or conferences to keep abreast of developments in endoscopy.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™ 16.0.