- Monitor payment of hand-delivered jackpots to ensure promptness.
- Monitor functioning of slot machine coin dispensers and fill coin hoppers when necessary.
- Respond to and resolve patrons' complaints.
- Patrol assigned areas to ensure that players are following rules and that machines are functioning correctly.
- Reset slot machines after payoffs.
- Perform minor repairs or make adjustments to slot machines, resolving problems such as machine tilts and coin jams.
- Record the specifics of malfunctioning machines and document malfunctions needing repair.
- Exchange currency for customers, converting currency into requested combinations of bills and coins.
- Answer patrons' questions about gaming machine functions and payouts.
- Attach "out of order" signs to malfunctioning machines, and notify technicians when machines need to be repaired or removed.
- Enforce safety rules, and report or remove safety hazards as well as guests who are underage, intoxicated, disruptive, or cheating.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™ 16.0; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
National: + 5.7%
High School Diploma
Two: Some Preparation Needed
Mid Range ($28,000 - $35,999)