Core Tasks Include:
- Pay winnings or collect losing bets as established by the rules and procedures of a specific game.
- Stand behind a gaming table and deal the appropriate number of cards to each player.
- Deal cards to house hands, and compare these with players' hands to determine winners, as in black jack.
- Conduct gambling games such as dice, roulette, cards, or keno, following all applicable rules and regulations.
- Exchange paper currency for playing chips or coin money.
- Check to ensure that all players have placed bets before play begins.
- Start and control games and gaming equipment, and announce winning numbers or colors.
- Inspect cards and equipment to be used in games to ensure that they are in good condition.
- Apply rule variations to card games such as poker, in which players bet on the value of their hands.
- Open and close cash floats and game tables.
- Answer questions about game rules and casino policies.
- Refer patrons to gaming cashiers to collect winnings.
Supplemental Tasks Include:
- Receive, verify, and record patrons' cash wagers.
- Supervise staff and monitor gambling tables to ensure security of the game.
- Work as part of a team of dealers in games such as baccarat or craps.
- Compute amounts of players' wins or losses, or scan winning tickets presented by patrons to calculate the amount of money won.
- Participate in games for gambling establishments to provide the minimum complement of players at a table.
- Seat patrons at gaming tables.
- Prepare collection reports for submission to supervisors.
- Train new dealers.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™ 16.0.