Core Tasks Include:
- Prepare documents and correspondence such as damage claims, credit and billing inquiries, invoices, and service complaints.
- Compile data from records to prepare periodic reports.
- Present clear and concise explanations of governing rules and regulations.
- Read incoming correspondence to ascertain nature of writers' concerns and to determine disposition of correspondence.
- Type acknowledgment letters to persons sending correspondence.
- Review correspondence for format and typographical accuracy, assemble the information into a prescribed form with the correct number of copies, and submit it to an authorized official for signature.
- Maintain files and control records to show correspondence activities.
- Gather records pertinent to specific problems, review them for completeness and accuracy, and attach records to correspondence as necessary.
- Complete form letters in response to requests or problems identified by correspondence.
- Route correspondence to other departments for reply.
- Compose letters in reply to correspondence concerning such items as requests for merchandise, damage claims, credit information requests, delinquent accounts, incorrect billing, or unsatisfactory service.
Supplemental Tasks Include:
- Ensure that money collected is properly recorded and secured.
- Respond to internal and external requests for the release of information contained in medical records, copying medical records, and selective extracts in accordance with laws and regulations.
- Compute costs of records furnished to requesters, and write letters to obtain payment.
- Compose correspondence requesting medical information and records.
- Prepare records for shipment by certified mail.
- Obtain written authorization to access required medical information.
- Confer with company personnel regarding feasibility of complying with writers' requests.
- Submit completed documents to typists for typing in final form, and instruct typists in matters such as format, addresses, addressees, and the necessary number of copies.
- Process orders for goods requested in correspondence.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™ 16.0.