- Prepare dockets or calendars of cases to be called, using typewriters or computers.
- Record case dispositions, court orders, or arrangements made for payment of court fees.
- Answer inquiries from the general public regarding judicial procedures, court appearances, trial dates, adjournments, outstanding warrants, summonses, subpoenas, witness fees, or payment of fines.
- Prepare and issue orders of the court, such as probation orders, release documentation, sentencing information, or summonses.
- Prepare documents recording the outcomes of court proceedings.
- Instruct parties about timing of court appearances.
- Explain procedures or forms to parties in cases or to the general public.
- Search files and contact witnesses, attorneys, or litigants to obtain information for the court.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™ 16.0; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
National: + 8.0%
High School Diploma
Two: Some Preparation Needed
Moderately High ($36,000 - $49,999)