Core Tasks Include:
- Participate in the administration of municipal elections, such as preparation or distribution of ballots, appointment or training of election officers, or tabulation or certification of results.
- Record and edit the minutes of meetings and distribute to appropriate officials or staff members.
- Plan and direct the maintenance, filing, safekeeping, and computerization of all municipal documents.
- Issue public notification of all official activities or meetings.
- Maintain and update documents, such as municipal codes or city charters.
- Prepare meeting agendas or packets of related information.
- Prepare ordinances, resolutions, or proclamations so that they can be executed, recorded, archived, or distributed.
- Respond to requests for information from the public, other municipalities, state officials, or state and federal legislative offices.
- Maintain fiscal records and accounts.
- Perform budgeting duties, such as assisting in budget preparation, expenditure review, or budget administration.
- Perform general office duties, such as taking or transcribing dictation, typing or proofreading correspondence, distributing or filing official forms, or scheduling appointments.
- Coordinate or maintain office tracking systems for correspondence or follow-up actions.
- Research information in the municipal archives upon request of public officials or private citizens.
- Perform contract administration duties, assisting with bid openings or the awarding of contracts.
- Collaborate with other staff to assist in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, or priorities.
- Represent municipalities at community events or serve as liaisons on community committees.
- Serve as a notary of the public.
Supplemental Tasks Include:
- Issue various permits and licenses, such as marriage, fishing, hunting, or dog licenses, and collect appropriate fees.
- Provide assistance to persons with disabilities in reaching less accessible areas of municipal facilities.
- Process claims against the municipality, maintaining files and log of claims, and coordinate claim response and handling with municipal claims administrators.
- Develop or conduct orientation programs for candidates for political office.
- Provide assistance with events, such as police department auctions of abandoned automobiles.
- Prepare reports on civic needs.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™ 16.0.