Secretaries and Administrative Assistants, Except Legal, Medical, and Executive
- Operate office equipment such as fax machines, copiers, and phone systems, and use computers for spreadsheet, word processing, database management, and other applications.
- Answer telephones and give information to callers, take messages, or transfer calls to appropriate individuals.
- Greet visitors or callers and handle their inquiries or direct them to the appropriate persons according to their needs.
- Set up and maintain paper and electronic filing systems for records, correspondence, and other material.
- Locate and attach appropriate files to incoming correspondence requiring replies.
- Open, read, route, and distribute incoming mail or other materials and answer routine letters.
- Complete forms in accordance with company procedures.
- Make copies of correspondence or other printed material.
- Review work done by others to check for correct spelling and grammar, ensure that company format policies are followed, and recommend revisions.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™ 16.0; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Virginia: + 6.3%
National: + 5.8%
High School Diploma
Two: Some Preparation Needed
Mid Range ($28,000 - $35,999)