Word Processors and Typists
- Check completed work for spelling, grammar, punctuation, and format.
- Perform other clerical duties such as answering telephone, sorting and distributing mail, running errands or sending faxes.
- Gather, register, and arrange the material to be typed, following instructions.
- Type correspondence, reports, text and other written material from rough drafts, corrected copies, voice recordings, dictation or previous versions, using a computer, word processor, or typewriter.
- File and store completed documents on computer hard drive or disk, and/or maintain a computer filing system to store, retrieve, update and delete documents.
- Print and makes copies of work.
- Keep records of work performed.
- Compute and verify totals on report forms, requisitions, or bills, using adding machine or calculator.
- Collate pages of reports and other documents prepared.
- Electronically sort and compile text and numerical data, retrieving, updating, and merging documents as required.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™ 16.0; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Virginia: - 2.3%
High School Diploma
Two: Some Preparation Needed
Mid Range ($28,000 - $35,999)