- Check preliminary and final proofs for errors and make necessary corrections.
- Operate desktop publishing software and equipment to design, lay out, and produce camera-ready copy.
- Position text and art elements from a variety of databases in a visually appealing way to design print or web pages, using knowledge of type styles and size and layout patterns.
- Convert various types of files for printing or for the Internet, using computer software.
- Transmit, deliver or mail publication master to printer for production into film and plates.
- Study layout or other design instructions to determine work to be done and sequence of operations.
- Enter digitized data into electronic prepress system computer memory, using scanner, camera, keyboard, or mouse.
- View monitors for visual representation of work in progress and for instructions and feedback throughout process, making modifications as necessary.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™ 16.0; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Three: Medium Preparation Needed
Moderately High ($36,000 - $49,999)