Insurance Claims Clerks
- Review insurance policy to determine coverage.
- Prepare insurance claim forms or related documents and review them for completeness.
- Provide customer service, such as limited instructions on proceeding with claims or referrals to auto repair facilities or local contractors.
- Organize or work with detailed office or warehouse records, using computers to enter, access, search or retrieve data.
- Post or attach information to claim file.
- Pay small claims.
- Transmit claims for payment or further investigation.
- Contact insured or other involved persons to obtain missing information.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™ 16.0; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Virginia: + 3.3%
National: + 8.7%
High School Diploma
Two: Some Preparation Needed
Moderately High ($36,000 - $49,999)