Electrical and Electronics Repairers, Powerhouse, Substation, and Relay
- Construct, test, maintain, and repair substation relay and control systems.
- Inspect and test equipment and circuits to identify malfunctions or defects, using wiring diagrams and testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, or ammeters.
- Consult manuals, schematics, wiring diagrams, and engineering personnel in order to troubleshoot and solve equipment problems and to determine optimum equipment functioning.
- Notify facility personnel of equipment shutdowns.
- Open and close switches to isolate defective relays; then perform adjustments or repairs.
- Prepare and maintain records detailing tests, repairs, and maintenance.
- Analyze test data in order to diagnose malfunctions, to determine performance characteristics of systems, and to evaluate effects of system modifications.
- Test insulators and bushings of equipment by inducing voltage across insulation, testing current, and calculating insulation loss.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™ 16.0; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
National: + 4.9%
Three: Medium Preparation Needed
Highest ($50,000 and up)