Automotive Glass Installers and Repairers
- Remove all dirt, foreign matter, and loose glass from damaged areas, apply primer along windshield or window edges, and allow primer to dry.
- Install replacement glass in vehicles after old glass has been removed and all necessary preparations have been made.
- Allow all glass parts installed with urethane ample time to cure, taking temperature and humidity into account.
- Prime all scratches on pinchwelds with primer and allow primed scratches to dry.
- Obtain windshields or windows for specific automobile makes and models from stock and examine them for defects prior to installation.
- Check for and remove moisture or contamination in damaged areas and keep areas dry until repairs are complete.
- Apply a bead of urethane around the perimeter of each pinchweld and dress the remaining urethane on the pinchwelds so that it is of uniform level and thickness.
- Select appropriate tools, safety equipment, and parts, according to job requirements.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™ 16.0; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Virginia: + 3.1%
High School Diploma
Two: Some Preparation Needed
Mid Range ($28,000 - $35,999)