- Insert shims, adjust tension on nuts and bolts, or position parts, using hand tools and measuring instruments, to set specified clearances between moving and stationary parts.
- Align machines and equipment, using hoists, jacks, hand tools, squares, rules, micrometers, and plumb bobs.
- Assemble and install equipment, using hand tools and power tools.
- Lay out mounting holes, using measuring instruments, and drill holes with power drill.
- Signal crane operator to lower basic assembly units to bedplate, and align unit to centerline.
- Replace defective parts of machine or adjust clearances and alignment of moving parts.
- Level bedplate and establish centerline, using straightedge, levels, and transit.
- Dismantle machines, using hammers, wrenches, crowbars, and other hand tools.
- Attach moving parts and subassemblies to basic assembly unit, using hand tools and power tools.
- Move machinery and equipment, using hoists, dollies, rollers, and trucks.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
High School Diploma
Three: Medium Preparation Needed
Highest ($50,000 and up)