Forging Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Measure and inspect machined parts to ensure conformance to product specifications.
- Read work orders or blueprints to determine specified tolerances and sequences of operations for machine setup.
- Start machines to produce sample workpieces, and observe operations to detect machine malfunctions and to verify that machine setups conform to specifications.
- Remove dies from machines when production runs are finished.
- Turn handles or knobs to set pressures and depths of ram strokes and to synchronize machine operations.
- Confer with other workers about machine setups and operational specifications.
- Repair, maintain, and replace parts on dies.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™ 16.0; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
National: + 3.0%
High School Diploma
Two: Some Preparation Needed
Mid Range ($28,000 - $35,999)