Methane/Landfill Gas Generation System Technicians
Technicians in the oil and gas extraction industry may be:
· Process operation technicians, who produce, process and deliver oil or gas by operating and monitoring production systems.
· Maintenance technicians, who carry out maintenance work to keep mechanical, electrical, instrument and control systems in good repair and working order.
Skills and personal qualities:
An oil and gas industry technician should:
· be willing to train and work away from home
· work well in a team, as well as be able to take individual responsibility
· not be afraid of travelling in a helicopter
· be reliable, responsible and safety-conscious
· be fit and healthy
· be able to work at heights
· be good with their hands and with tools
· be able to solve technical problems quickly and creatively
· have a scientific and methodical approach to their work
· keep up with advancing technology
· have computer skills
· have self-confidence and sound judgement
· be well-motivated
· be able to communicate effectively with colleagues
· be able to live in compact living quarters with a wide range of people
The data sources for the information displayed here include: Virginia Career VIEW Research.