Cleaners of Vehicles and Equipment
Core Tasks Include:
- Inspect parts, equipment, or vehicles for cleanliness, damage, and compliance with standards or regulations.
- Scrub, scrape, or spray machine parts, equipment, or vehicles, using scrapers, brushes, clothes, cleaners, disinfectants, insecticides, acid, abrasives, vacuums, or hoses.
- Mix cleaning solutions, abrasive compositions, or other compounds, according to formulas.
- Press buttons to activate cleaning equipment or machines.
- Clean and polish vehicle windows.
- Rinse objects and place them on drying racks or use cloth, squeegees, or air compressors to dry surfaces.
- Drive vehicles to or from workshops or customers' workplaces or homes.
- Turn valves or handles on equipment to regulate pressure or flow of water, air, steam, or abrasives from sprayer nozzles.
- Pre-soak or rinse machine parts, equipment, or vehicles by immersing objects in cleaning solutions or water, manually or using hoists.
Supplemental Tasks Include:
- Lubricate machinery, vehicles, or equipment or perform minor repairs or adjustments, using hand tools.
- Monitor operation of cleaning machines and stop machines or notify supervisors when malfunctions occur.
- Disassemble and reassemble machines or equipment or remove and reattach vehicle parts or trim, using hand tools.
- Connect hoses or lines to pumps or other equipment.
- Maintain inventories of supplies.
- Apply paints, dyes, polishes, reconditioners, waxes, or masking materials to vehicles to preserve, protect, or restore color or condition.
- Turn valves or disconnect hoses to eliminate water, cleaning solutions, or vapors from machinery or tanks.
- Sweep, shovel, or vacuum loose debris or salvageable scrap into containers and remove containers from work areas.
- Transport materials, equipment, or supplies to or from work areas, using carts or hoists.
- Collect and test samples of cleaning solutions or vapors.
- Clean the plastic work inside cars, using paintbrushes.
- Fit boot spoilers, side skirts, or mud flaps to cars.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™ 16.0.