- The Creative Counselor: Fusing the Arts, Career Development, and Core Content
Explore innovative ways to infuse career development into the K-8 classroom by combining the creative processes of the arts with the core classroom content. Activities will focus on problem-solving, design, creativity, and collaboration. Discover how to implement creative career activities with students that combine both counselor and teacher objectives and enhance student learning. Hands-on activities and a career art project toolkit included!
- Technology Tools for the School Counselor
Bring your iPad or create accounts online as we explore technology tools for school counselors. From apps to presentation ideas, this session has it all. This session will be held in a computer lab to provide ample time for counselors to explore a variety of apps and technology tools from assessing student opinions and feelings to creating a virtual office! You will walk away with fresh ideas to implement technology designed for your individual school's needs with a focus on career development.
- Identifying and Solving Barriers to Career Development
Research-based information and small group discussion will give counselors the tools to identify specific barriers to the school and individual career development process. Applicable to all grades, identify what barriers your students may face and how to strategically implement a plan to address these barriers. Specific resources will be provided to directly impact student career development success.
- Accountability Made Easy: Ensuring Effective Practices in Career Development
Participants will learn how to implement effective counseling strategies aligning with the ASCA National Model. This session provides tools to fulfill up to 60% of the requirements to be RAMP-Ready. Helping to answer the question, "How are students different because of what school counselors do", resources will be provided to help counselors measure and analyze their effectiveness, utilizing both educator and student feedback.
Fall 2014 Workshops Series
6 Workshops will be offered across the state of Virginia
- Choose 2 out of 4 sessions. In an effort to provide more comprehensive training, we are offering a total of 4 sessions this year instead of 6 sessions as we have in the past.
- All workshops will be held from 7:30AM-12PM. In accordance with Virginia's Licensure Renewal Manual, p. 9, we will provide 4 hours of in-classroom training during this Professional Conference.
- Participants will earn 5 Continuing Education points for completing 4 hours of training.
- Partial credit will not be available
- Some sessions may fill up faster than others
- All sessions apply to grades K-8
- Cost: Free (Parking fees apply in Roanoke)
- Roanoke: $5
- Virginia Career VIEW cannot pay for parking
- Sessions are held in computer labs / classrooms
- For all workshops locations: We strongly recommend bringing a flash drive (to save documents) for sessions held in the computer lab.
- Registering online:
- After registering for a workshop an initial email confirmation will be sent
- Approximately one week prior to the workshop a reminder email will be sent including
- Parking information
- Facilities information
- A certificate of completion will be provided at the conclusion of each workshop
Fall 2014 Workshops
View the Fall 2014 Workshop Schedule and Register Online.
- Fall 2014 Workshop Flier
- Print this flier to give others workshop information
- Send this flier as a pdf attachment to others
- Post this flier as a pdf on a website
- Note: registration is online only
- Workshop Materials
- VIEW workshop materials for each session
- Print or send electronic copies of workshop materials
- View / Change Workshop Information
Cancel or change workshop.
- View or modify existing user account
- Change Password
- Update Contact Information
- Request an Outreach
Request a Virginia Career VIEW Outreach Coordinator for an on-site event,
meeting, or training
Virginia Career VIEW Information Line 1-800-542-5870
( Only within the state of Virginia )
( Only within the state of Virginia )