Core Tasks Include:
- Direct or coordinate an organization's financial or budget activities to fund operations, maximize investments, or increase efficiency.
- Confer with board members, organization officials, or staff members to discuss issues, coordinate activities, or resolve problems.
- Analyze operations to evaluate performance of a company or its staff in meeting objectives or to determine areas of potential cost reduction, program improvement, or policy change.
- Direct, plan, or implement policies, objectives, or activities of organizations or businesses to ensure continuing operations, to maximize returns on investments, or to increase productivity.
- Prepare budgets for approval, including those for funding or implementation of programs.
- Negotiate or approve contracts or agreements with suppliers, distributors, federal or state agencies, or other organizational entities.
- Review reports submitted by staff members to recommend approval or to suggest changes.
- Appoint department heads or managers and assign or delegate responsibilities to them.
- Direct human resources activities, including the approval of human resource plans or activities, the selection of directors or other high-level staff, or establishment or organization of major departments.
- Preside over or serve on boards of directors, management committees, or other governing boards.
- Prepare or present reports concerning activities, expenses, budgets, government statutes or rulings, or other items affecting businesses or program services.
- Establish departmental responsibilities and coordinate functions among departments and sites.
- Implement corrective action plans to solve organizational or departmental problems.
- Coordinate the development or implementation of budgetary control systems, recordkeeping systems, or other administrative control processes.
- Deliver speeches, write articles, or present information at meetings or conventions to promote services, exchange ideas, or accomplish objectives.
- Interpret and explain policies, rules, regulations, or laws to organizations, government or corporate officials, or individuals.
- Administer programs for selection of sites, construction of buildings, or provision of equipment or supplies.
- Direct or conduct studies or research on issues affecting areas of responsibility.
- Review and analyze legislation, laws, or public policy and recommend changes to promote or support interests of the general population or special groups.
Supplemental Tasks Include:
- Direct or coordinate activities of businesses or departments concerned with production, pricing, sales, or distribution of products.
- Direct non-merchandising departments, such as advertising, purchasing, credit, or accounting.
- Serve as liaisons between organizations, shareholders, and outside organizations.
- Nominate citizens to boards or commissions.
- Make presentations to legislative or other government committees regarding policies, programs, or budgets.
- Refer major policy matters to elected representatives for final decisions.
- Direct or coordinate activities of businesses involved with buying or selling investment products or financial services.
- Attend and participate in meetings of municipal councils or council committees.
- Organize or approve promotional campaigns.
- Conduct or direct investigations or hearings to resolve complaints or violations of laws or testify at such hearings.
- Represent organizations or promote their objectives at official functions or delegate representatives to do so.
- Prepare bylaws approved by elected officials and ensure that bylaws are enforced.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™.