General and Operations Managers
- Direct and coordinate activities of businesses or departments concerned with the production, pricing, sales, or distribution of products.
- Review financial statements, sales or activity reports, or other performance data to measure productivity or goal achievement or to identify areas needing cost reduction or program improvement.
- Direct administrative activities directly related to making products or providing services.
- Prepare staff work schedules and assign specific duties.
- Monitor suppliers to ensure that they efficiently and effectively provide needed goods or services within budgetary limits.
- Direct or coordinate financial or budget activities to fund operations, maximize investments, or increase efficiency.
- Establish or implement departmental policies, goals, objectives, or procedures in conjunction with board members, organization officials, or staff members.
- Perform personnel functions such as selection, training, or evaluation.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
National: + 9.1%
Four: Considerable Preparation Needed
Highest ($50,000 and up)