Advertising and Promotions Managers
- Prepare budgets and submit estimates for program costs as part of campaign plan development.
- Plan and prepare advertising and promotional material to increase sales of products or services, working with customers, company officials, sales departments, and advertising agencies.
- Assist with annual budget development.
- Inspect layouts and advertising copy and edit scripts, audio and video tapes, and other promotional material for adherence to specifications.
- Coordinate activities of departments, such as sales, graphic arts, media, finance, and research.
- Identify and develop contacts for promotional campaigns and industry programs that meet identified buyer targets, such as dealers, distributors, or consumers.
- Gather and organize information to plan advertising campaigns.
- Confer with department heads or staff to discuss topics such as contracts, selection of advertising media, or product to be advertised.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
National: + 5.4%
Four: Considerable Preparation Needed
Highest ($50,000 and up)