Computer and Information Systems Managers
- Consult with users, management, vendors, and technicians to assess computing needs and system requirements.
- Direct daily operations of department, analyzing workflow, establishing priorities, developing standards and setting deadlines.
- Assign and review the work of systems analysts, programmers, and other computer-related workers.
- Stay abreast of advances in technology.
- Develop computer information resources, providing for data security and control, strategic computing, and disaster recovery.
- Review and approve all systems charts and programs prior to their implementation.
- Evaluate the organization's technology use and needs and recommend improvements, such as hardware and software upgrades.
- Control operational budget and expenditures.
- Meet with department heads, managers, supervisors, vendors, and others, to solicit cooperation and resolve problems.
- Develop and interpret organizational goals, policies, and procedures.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Four: Considerable Preparation Needed
Highest ($50,000 and up)