Industrial Production Managers
Core Tasks Include:
- Direct or coordinate production, processing, distribution, or marketing activities of industrial organizations.
- Develop budgets or approve expenditures for supplies, materials, or human resources, ensuring that materials, labor, or equipment are used efficiently to meet production targets.
- Review processing schedules or production orders to make decisions concerning inventory requirements, staffing requirements, work procedures, or duty assignments, considering budgetary limitations and time constraints.
- Review operations and confer with technical or administrative staff to resolve production or processing problems.
- Hire, train, evaluate, or discharge staff or resolve personnel grievances.
- Initiate or coordinate inventory or cost control programs.
- Prepare and maintain production reports or personnel records.
- Set and monitor product standards, examining samples of raw products or directing testing during processing, to ensure finished products are of prescribed quality.
- Develop or implement production tracking or quality control systems, analyzing production, quality control, maintenance, or other operational reports to detect production problems.
- Review plans and confer with research or support staff to develop new products or processes.
- Institute employee suggestion or involvement programs.
- Coordinate or recommend procedures for facility or equipment maintenance or modification, including the replacement of machines.
- Maintain current knowledge of the quality control field, relying on current literature pertaining to materials use, technological advances, or statistical studies.
Supplemental Tasks Include:
- Negotiate materials prices with suppliers.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™.