Storage and Distribution Managers
- Supervise the activities of workers engaged in receiving, storing, testing, and shipping products or materials.
- Plan, develop, or implement warehouse safety and security programs and activities.
- Review invoices, work orders, consumption reports, or demand forecasts to estimate peak delivery periods and to issue work assignments.
- Schedule or monitor air or surface pickup, delivery, or distribution of products or materials.
- Interview, select, and train warehouse and supervisory personnel.
- Confer with department heads to coordinate warehouse activities, such as production, sales, records control, or purchasing.
- Respond to customers' or shippers' questions and complaints regarding storage and distribution services.
- Inspect physical conditions of warehouses, vehicle fleets, or equipment and order testing, maintenance, repairs, or replacements.
- Develop and document standard and emergency operating procedures for receiving, handling, storing, shipping, or salvaging products or materials.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
National: + 6.8%
Four: Considerable Preparation Needed
Highest ($50,000 and up)