- Confer with supervisory personnel, owners, contractors, or design professionals to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, complaints, or construction problems.
- Plan, organize, or direct activities concerned with the construction or maintenance of structures, facilities, or systems.
- Determine labor requirements for dispatching workers to construction sites.
- Inspect or review projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes or other regulations.
- Study job specifications to determine appropriate construction methods.
- Requisition supplies or materials to complete construction projects.
- Prepare and submit budget estimates, progress reports, or cost tracking reports.
- Develop or implement quality control programs.
- Direct acquisition of land for construction projects.
- Apply green building strategies to reduce energy costs or minimize carbon output or other sources of harm to the environment.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Virginia: + 7.3%
Four: Considerable Preparation Needed
Highest ($50,000 and up)