Education Administrators, Postsecondary
- Recruit, hire, train, and terminate departmental personnel.
- Plan, administer, and control budgets, maintain financial records, and produce financial reports.
- Represent institutions at community and campus events, in meetings with other institution personnel, and during accreditation processes.
- Participate in faculty and college committee activities.
- Provide assistance to faculty and staff in duties such as teaching classes, conducting orientation programs, issuing transcripts, and scheduling events.
- Establish operational policies and procedures and make any necessary modifications, based on analysis of operations, demographics, and other research information.
- Advise students on issues such as course selection, progress toward graduation, and career decisions.
- Direct, coordinate, and evaluate the activities of personnel, including support staff engaged in administering academic institutions, departments, or alumni organizations.
- Formulate strategic plans for the institution.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Five: Extensive Preparation Needed
Highest ($50,000 and up)